Be Colorado has joined forces with Weight Watchers to bring you special savings on valuable and convenient weight-loss solutions. Whether you choose meetings at work, in your local community or Weight Watchers online, we'll provide the ongoing support, motivation and customized solutions to help you reach your weight-loss goals.
The Be Colorado Weight Watchers benefit provides the primary member of a CU Health Plan a discounted corporate rate on Weight Watchers programs, PLUS a 50% taxable subsidy. The 50% taxable subsidy will be added to your paycheck as taxable imputed income.
EXAMPLE: If you select the Monthly Pass option, your out-of-pocket monthly cost will be $18.25, paid directly to Weight Watchers. Be Colorado will also pay $18.25 to Weight Watchers, which will appear on your paycheck as imputed income. You will only be responsible for paying the tax of Be Colorado's $18.25 contribution.
To enroll in Weight Watchers, visit wellness.weightwatchers.com and type in your Employer ID and Employer Passcode
- University of Colorado: ID: 66127 Passcode: WW66127 click here for the flyer.
- University Physicians Inc: ID: 66170 Passcode: WW66170 click here for the flyer.
- University of Colorado Health: ID: 66169 Passcode: WW66169 click here for the flyer.
Then, complete your workplace information, review the two product offerings, search for meetings*, create your Weight Watchers account, enter your payment information and complete your purchase.
* If you do not see your At Work meeting listed, simply click Buy Monthly Pass next to one of the listed community meetings. THIS WILL NOT COMMIT YOU TO THIS SPECIFIC MEETING. You are signing up for a Monthly Pass, which is valid in any community or At Work meeting at your workplace. Your purchase will count toward the 15 people needed to open a meeting at your workplace. Until that meeting begins, you may attend meetings in your local community.
Choose from one of these flexible offerings that best suits your lifestyle and preference:
Weight Watchers meetings with Monthly Pass - $18.25 employee monthly cost
- Monthly Pass offers you the convenience of Weight Watchers meetings in your workplace and unlimited meetings in your local community, along with FREE eTools, an Internet weight-loss companion that helps you stay on track between meetings.
Weight Watchers Online Subscription - $8.05 employee monthly cost
- Weight Watchers Online Subscription provides a step-by-step online experience with interactive tools and resources like a weight tracker, progress charts, restaurant guides and much more.
Please review our most current schedule of At Work meetings:
NOTE: Rooms are subject to change. Your meeting Leader will inform you of the changes as they occur.
- Q: Who is eligible for the Be Colorado Weight Watchers benefit?
- A: The Be Colorado Weight Watchers benefit provides members with access to special corporate pricing and a 50% taxable subsidy of purchase price.
- The primary member of a CU Health Plan is eligible for discounted corporate rates PLUS a 50% taxable subsidy. The 50% taxable subsidy will be added to your paycheck as taxable imputed income.
- All individuals must be 18 years of age or older.
- Q: Is a credit or debit card required to purchase Monthly Pass?
- A: Purchase options include credit or debit cards as well as PayPal. Please note: Flexible Spending Account Debit Cards cannot be processed for a Monthly Pass purchase.
- Q: How and when will I be charged for my Monthly Pass?
- A: You will be charged after completing your first purchase of Monthly Pass. You will then be charged each month at the applicable monthly rate until you cancel. You may be charged up to 15 days prior to the end date printed on your Monthly Pass card to ensure that your next month’s card arrives in time. This means that you may be charged twice in your first month, once for your initial month and once for the following month.
- Q: What if I don't receive my Monthly Pass card in the mail or I lose my card?
- A: Contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive your card within two weeks of enrolling and follow these instructions to print a temporary card:
- From your eTools account, click on Account Settings (it may require you to reenter your password).
- Under Payment and Account Type, select Account Status
- You will see a drop down box at the top of the screen. Click on it and select Monthly Pass Temporary Card.
- Print your temporary Monthly Pass and bring to your meeting until your new pass arrives in the mail.
- Q: What is the minimum number of participants required to start an At Work meeting?
A group must have 15 Monthly Pass members to start and must maintain an average of 12 or more members for meetings to remain ongoing. (Note: Lifetime Members do not count toward the minimums.) For additional details, call 866-204-2885.
- Q: What if an At Work meeting is not available at my workplace?
- A: You may purchase a Monthly Pass and attend community meetings. If you would like to start an At Work meeting at your location, you can call 1-800-828-9675 and you will be routed to the appropriate At Work manager in your area.
- Q: How much time should I plan on spending at a Weight Watchers meeting?
- A: Weight Watchers meetings last approximately 30-45 minutes, including the weigh-in. At Work meetings will begin with a 15 minute weigh in period followed by a 30 minute meeting. There may also be an orientation for new members which can last an additional 30 minutes.
- Q: What do I need to bring to a meeting?
- A: Please bring your Monthly Pass and weigh-in book.
- Q: I know the At Work meetings at my worksite have already started. Is it too late for me to sign up?
- A: No - you can join At Work meetings at any time.
- Q: What is the role of the At Work on-site coordinator?
- A: The role of the on-site coordinator is to:
- Help recruit the 15 or more participants to start an At Work meeting.
- Reserve the room for the meetings.
- Make sure the room is set up appropriately.
- Work with the Weight Watchers leader to organize the group.
- Direct participants to the meeting location, answer questions about meeting times, and refer the associates to the online registration portal or the toll-free number if necessary.
- Provide any updates to the Weight Watchers leader about meeting location changes.
- Help recruit members ongoing in order to maintain an average of 12 or more members.
- Q: If I miss my At Work meeting, can I weigh in and attend a community meeting?
- A: Yes. Your Monthly Pass will be accepted at any participating Weight Watchers location. Bring your current Membership Book so the Leader can mark your attendance.
- Q: Is Weight Watchers an allowable expense to be paid from a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA)?
- A: Weight Watchers may be a reimbursable expense for people who have been advised by their doctor that they are obese and need to lose weight provided certain conditions are met. You need a doctor’s letter that 1) states your diagnosis of obesity, or an obesity-related disease such as high blood pressure, that would be improved with weight loss and 2) states the doctor’s recommendation that you lose weight. You also need a record of your expenses, such as paid invoices, receipts, or your Membership Book that is stamped with your attendance and payments. For reimbursement through an FSA, you must submit a doctor’s letter or medical necessity form provided by the claims payor and proof of payments for treatment with your claim. For HSA, you do not need to submit any documentation; however, you should save these documents with your tax records in case you are audited by the IRS. Go to www.irs.gov to learn more, or ask your tax advisor for guidance. You can also find helpful information at www.obesity.org.
- Q: Will my monthly membership/subscription automatically renew at the new company rate?
- A: If you purchased a Weight Watchers membership/subscription prior to November 15, 2013, you will need to cancel your current membership and re-register to get the enhanced pricing. To cancel your membership, please call our Wellness Hotline at 1-866-204-2885.
- Q: How do I cancel my Monthly Pass?
- A: You can cancel your Monthly Pass at anytime. Simply visit www.weightwatchers.com/monthlypasscancellation for instructions. You may not cancel at meeting locations.
- Q: If I purchase Monthly Pass and later cancel during the course of the same month, will I receive a pro-rated refund on my credit card?
- A: No, you will not receive a refund for the month in which you cancel, except as provided in the Cancellation Policy. If you have already been billed for your next month, follow the instructions at www.weightwatchers.com/monthlypasscancellation to receive a full refund for that month. See the full set of rules for Monthly Pass cancellations and refunds at: http://www.weightwatchers.com/monthlypasscancellation.
- Q: How do I cancel my Online Subscription?
- A: Log on to your account, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the “contact us” link. Choose “cancel my account” and follow the instructions.
- Q: What is Lifetime Membership?
- A: Lifetime Membership is a privilege you receive after completing your weight-loss journey as a Weight Watchers meetings member. You receive a Lifetime Membership recognition award when you:
- Achieve a weight goal that is within the Weight Watchers healthy weight ranges (or a healthy weight determined by your physician) and are at least five pounds less than your initial weight, and
- Have been on the Weight Watchers maintenance phase for six consecutive weeks as a current, paid meetings member and are no more than two pounds above your weight goal at the end of that period.
As a Lifetime Member, we encourage you to attend Weight Watchers meetings in your local area and anywhere in the world. There is no charge as long as you weigh in once a month at the first meeting you attend and you’re no more than two pounds above your weight goal. Don’t forget to show your Lifetime Membership book. As a free Lifetime Member, you will also receive a free eTools voucher to retain access to all the online tools.
- Q: I am a Lifetime Member who has gained weight back. Can I return to Weight Watchers as a Lifetime Member?
- A: Yes. If you want to return to meetings as a Lifetime Member, simply show proof of Lifetime Membership by bringing your Lifetime Membership book or Lifetime Member number. If you are two pounds or more over your goal weight, you will need to pay the weekly fee or purchase a monthly pass until you reach within two pounds of your Lifetime goal weight to become a free member again. NOTE: Free Lifetime Members may attend At Work meetings, but will not be counted toward the minimum number of participants to start (15) or maintain (average of 12) At Work meetings.
- Q: What if I have lost my Lifetime Member number?
- A: Please call 800-651-6000 for assistance.
- Q: What fees apply to Lifetime Members?
- A: Once you become a Weight Watchers Lifetime Member, you may never have to pay a registration fee at Weight Watchers again. As a Lifetime Member, you are charged a meeting fee only if you are two pounds over your weight goal. In addition, you are not expected to pay a missed meeting fee unless you have not weighed in within a one month period.
- Q: What do I do with my current Monthly Pass after I become a free Lifetime Member?
- A: You will need to call 866-204-2885 to cancel payment on your Monthly Pass. Ask your meeting leader for your free eTools voucher.
- Q: Are Weight Watchers resources available in any language other than English?
- A: Yes. Member meeting materials are available in Spanish upon request and the Weight Watchers call center at 866-204-2885 has Spanish-speaking representatives. If one is not available at the time of the call, the call will be transferred to voicemail where a message is taken. A Spanish-speaking representative will return the call as soon as possible during business hours.
- Q: How do I contact Weight Watchers?
- A: You may reach Watch Watchers at email@example.com or 866-204-2885.